Colloide Awarded Contract To supply Tertiary Solids Removal System
Colloide were awarded the contract to supply a Tertiary Solids Removal System for Severn Trent Limited for Woolstone STW in Gloucestershire. This is Colloide’s first supply of TSR for Severn Trent’s TSR COUF Framework which includes design, installation, and commissioning.
The existing works is to be upgraded to include the provision of chemical dosing and ferric sulphate dosing upstream of the continuously backwashing sand filter following a second phase of modifications. A tertiary solids removal process is required to treat 100% of flows.
Scope of works included:
- 1no. continuously backwashing sand filters with stainless steel shell, filter media, and media washing equipment
- Filter pneumatic control panels.
- Local instrumentation for filters
- Access platforms and stairs to allow full access around filters.
- Interconnecting pipework and valves to each filter including inlet manifold, outlet manifold and backwash water manifold.
- Compressed air system including compressors (4kW each running intermittently), air receiver and instruments.
- Local control panel located in a central kiosk/building.
- Kiosk in which to locate the CAS and LCP.
Why choose Colloide?
Colloide offer a range of technologies which can reduce phosphorous limits to 0.1 milligramme per litre which greatly reduces the amount of phosphorus discharged into streams and rivers and can satisfy phosphorus removal requirements. We also provide solutions for chemicals such as sodium hydroxide, sulphuric acid, hydrochloric acid, ferric sulphate, aluminium sulphate, ferric chloride and antifoam ortho-phosphoric. We have access to the latest technologies and long-standing relationships with an extensive range of component suppliers.
Colloide’s sand filter systems are high-performing and reliable solutions for water and wastewater treatment. Each of our filters are engineered to meet the specific performance requirements of individual wastewater treatment plants. Find out more about our continuously backwashing Sand Filters features and benefits.
Find out more